Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An update

I met with Child and Youth Friendly Calgary this morning and they seem quite enthusiastic about getting kids out to the garden to volunteer. They've been looking for environment-related volunteering opportunities so we fit the bill nicely. I'm signing us up for a crew of 6 kids on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons from July onward. I can be there for those times and if some of you can be there as well, that would be fantastic. This is something we can sign up for every year and we can vary the time and frequency to suit. Should help keep the weeds down and keep thing watered. :o)

I called the Calgary Attendance Centre. John Lee, the person who does their booking is away until May 26th. I'm trying to reach someone else sooner and left a message. I'll try to get crews out for June.

I picked up some herb donations from greengate yesterday. I'll get them to the garden as soon as we get past the -2 predicted for the next little while. I'll likely drop off the sweetpea seeds by Thursday if not sooner. In case you're curious, we got the following: thyme, tri-colour sage, rosemary, oregano, French Taragon and pineapple sage. I haven't put in our big donation request to greengate yet (the one that includes all the seedlings for planting the Leisure Centre) so if there's any other herbs you can think of that you would like to have, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment